Inpatient Therapy from Boone Hospital Center on Vimeo.
The Rehabilitation Center is home to Boone Hospital's inpatient therapy program. The Rehabilitation Center provides a full range of specialized medical and therapeutic services to help you become more independent after an illness or injury. We help our patients learn how to:
- Be mobile again.
- Swallow effectively and safely.
- Regain concentration and problem-solving.
- Improve their balance.
- Regain skills needed for independent living, such as dressing, cooking and showering.
We provide a home-like environment with laundry, kitchen and dining areas. A variety of recreational activities are offered to help patients re-enter their community.
Our skilled professionals include physicians, nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech-language therapists, patient care technicians, psychologists, a medical social worker, a dietitian, a recreational therapist and chaplains who assist the patient to return to independent living or an improved quality of life.
We view each patient as an individual and work closely with your, your family, insurance companies and other involved parties to ensure everyone is included in the your care and progress.
Our patients include people diagnosed with:
- Orthopedic surgery, including joint replacements, fractures, spine or neck surgery)
- Balance disorders
- Neurological conditions (Strokes, Brain Tumors, Parkinson’s Disease, ALS, Multiple Sclerosis, Head Trauma, Guillain Barré)
- General debilitation or weakness
- Pre-term or premature infants
- Swallowing disorders
- Cognitive and communication disorders
Inpatient Therapy Programs
Boone Hospital Center
1600 E. Broadway #33, Columbia, MO 65201