The Rehabilitation Center is home to Boone Hospital's inpatient therapy program. The Rehabilitation Center provides a full range of specialized medical and therapeutic services to help patients become more independent after they’ve experienced an illness or injury. We help patients learn how to:
- Be mobile again.
- Swallow effectively and safely.
- Regain concentration and problem-solving.
- Improve their balance.
- Regain skills needed for independent living such as dressing, cooking and showering.
We provide a home-like environment with laundry, kitchen and dining areas. A variety of recreational activities are offered to help patients re-enter their community.
Our skilled professionals include physicians, nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech-language therapists, patient care technicians, psychologists, a medical social worker, a dietitian, a recreational therapist and chaplains who assist the patient to return to normal living or an improved quality of life.
We view each patient as an individual and work closely with the patient, family, insurance companies and other involved parties to ensure everyone is included in the patient’s care and progress.
Common patient diagnoses we work with:
- Orthopedic Surgery (Total Joint Replacements/fractures/spine/neck)
- Balance Disorders
- Neurological conditions (Strokes, Brain Tumors, Parkinson’s Disease, ALS, Multiple Sclerosis, Head Trauma, Guillain Barré)
- General debilitation or weakness Pre-term/premature infants
- Wound Care
- Swallowing Disorders
- Cognitive and Communication Disorders
- Hearing Impairment
Inpatient Therapy Programs & Audiology
Boone Hospital Center
Second Floor, Nifong Wing