Possible benefits of Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Increase functional capacity
- Improve blood pressure control
- Decrease excess body fat
- Improve cholesterol
- Enhance heart function
- Improve blood flow to heart muscle
- Enhance self-confidence and self-worth
- Decreased hospitalizations
- Earlier return to work and enhanced likelihood of remaining at work
- Improve diabetes control
WELLAWARE offers comprehensive Inpatient and Outpatient Cardiac Rehabilitation programs.
Who can benefit from inpatient and outpatient Cardiac Rehab?
It is for people who have had any of the following:
- Heart attack (myocardial infarction)
- Stable angina
- Coronary artery balloon angioplasty or stent placement
- Heart valve surgery
- Coronary artery bypass surgery
Where is the program located?
Inpatient Cardiac Rehab is offered while you are still an inpatient at Boone Hospital Center. It begins at an appropriate time during your recovery after your procedure.
Outpatient Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehab is located on the lower level of the Broadway Medical Plaza 1,1601 E. Broadway.
Questions? Please call 573.815.3871 for more information.