Recipe by Kelsie Knerr
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 small sweet potatoes, shredded
- 4 big handfuls of spinach, chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
1. Over medium heat, sauté sweet potatoes in olive oil for 5 minutes.
2. Add diced onion and cook for another 5 minutes.
3. Add spinach and zucchini, cook until zucchini is starting to get soft and spinach is wilted.
4. Set 3 cups of cooked mixture aside for a later date.
5. Reduce heat to medium-low, add oil as needed and crack in desired amount of eggs.
6. As eggs begin to set, gently move spatula across bottom and side of skillet until eggs are thickened and no visible liquid remains, but eggs aren’t dry.
7. Top with salt/pepper as desired and consider adding cheese/salsa/pesto/etc.
Nutrition Facts (1 cup of cooked veggies): 103 calories, 3g fat, 3g protein, 4g fiber
Nutrition Facts (1 cup cooked veggies and 2 eggs with 3 Tbsp. feta cheese): 299cal, 18g fat, 6g saturated fat*, 20g protein, 4g fiber
*Try using egg whites and/or fat-free cheese to reduce saturated fat