The history of Boone Hospital is a story of the generosity, commitment and love of people who believed that our community deserved first-class healthcare. That belief is reflected today in the Boone Hospital Foundation.
Medicine is ever changing and so are the needs of our community hospital. The Boone Hospital Foundation and the Walter Johnson Palliative Care Foundation were created to keep pace with these changes and to continue Boone’s tradition of health education, research, and patient care innovation.
The Boone Hospital Foundation
Our mission is to assure the future of exceptional healthcare in our community. Our role is to seek new financial resources and philanthropic leaders to support our efforts to improve the health and wellness of future generations.
The Foundation uses contributions to provide
- specialized equipment for critical care programs
- improvements to hospital buildings and grounds
- special therapy and services for palliative care patients
- continuing education scholarships for Boone Hospital caregivers
- grief counseling for patients and families
- assistance with Boone’s outreach health awareness services