All interested weight loss surgery candidates are required to attend a seminar before proceeding or consulting with a surgeon.
Register online or call 573-815-6466 to register by phone.
Boone Hospital Center offers a comprehensive and multi-disciplinary Weight Loss Surgery Program. Our multi-disciplinary team includes a registered nurse and program coordinator, registered dietitian, exercise therapist, psychologist and financial counselor.
This educational seminar provides information about:
- Gastric banding using the LAP-BAND system
- Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy
- Laparoscopic gastric bypass
- The risks and benefits of surgery
- Requirements to be a candidate for surgery
- Lifestyle changes and commitments after surgery
- Patient responsibilities
- Expectations following surgery
- Next steps if interested in surgery