Getting the right job is important to your future. While preparing for an interview may seem stressful, if you maintain a positive attitude and stay relaxed, you might come away with a rewarding new career. As you greet your interviewer, remember this: you’ve been asked to come to BJC because you have skills and experience that we value. Now, it’s just a matter of showing us your passion for excellence in person.
- Know where your interview is located and how to get there.
- Arrive 10-15 minutes early.
- Conduct research on the organization, hiring manager and job opportunity.
- Bring appropriate documents and materials (including your resume, identification, portfolio, pens and other related materials).
- Ask in advance where you should park your car, if there is a fee to park and whether the location validates parking.
- Make certain that you know the name and contact number of your Talent Acquisition team member.
- Write down some questions in advance to ask during the interview.
- Turn off your cell phone.
- Take notes.
- Ask insightful questions.
- Listen carefully and maintain eye contact.
- Be confident — sell your skills!
Dress for Success:
- Wear clean, pressed attire.
- Ensure skirts are appropriate length.
- Stick to solid colors and conservative prints.
- Limit the amount of jewelry you wear.
- Take the time to groom yourself for a neat appearance.
- Wear t-shirts, tank tops, athletic gear, hats or provocative/inappropriate clothing.
- Smoke or chew gum.
- Overdo cologne, perfume or jewelry/accessories.
- If you want the job, say so!
- Thank your interviewer for his/her time