The Rehabilitation Center is home to Boone Hospital's inpatient therapy program. The center has 12-beds and is located on the 4th floor of Boone Hospital Center. The Rehabilitation Center provides a full range of specialized medical and therapeutic services to help patients become more independent after they’ve experienced an illness or injury. We help patients learn how to:
- Be mobile again.
- Swallow effectively and safely.
- Regain concentration and problem-solving.
- Improve their balance.
- Regain skills needed for independent living such as dressing, cooking and showering.
We provide a home-like environment with laundry, kitchen and dining areas. A variety of recreational activities are offered to help patients re-enter their community.
Our skilled professionals include physicians, nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech-language therapists, patient care technicians, psychologists, a medical social worker, a dietitian, a recreational therapist and chaplains who assist the patient to return to normal living or an improved quality of life.
Common patient diagnoses we work with:
We view each patient as an individual and work closely with the patient, family, insurance companies and other involved parties to ensure everyone is included in the patient’s care and progress.
- Orthopedic Surgery (Total Joint Replacements/fractures/spine/neck)
- Balance Disorders
- Neurological conditions (Strokes, Brain Tumors, Parkinson’s Disease, ALS, Multiple Sclerosis, Head Trauma, Guillain Barré)
- General debilitation or weakness Pre-term/premature infants
- Wound Care
- Swallowing Disorders
- Cognitive and Communication Disorders
- Hearing Impairment
Inpatient Therapy Programs & Audiology
Boone Hospital Center
Second Floor, Nifong Wing